We encourage you to share information regarding safety and usage with the customers that visit you and buy our products from you.
Matchstick BoutiqueTo light, hold the match jar in one hand and the match in the other. Lightly drag the top color tip of the match across the strike paper affixed to the bottom of the jar in a single quick motion. Wait a moment after strike to allow it to ignite. In rare cases some individual matches may not light because of unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances in production or faults in the strike action.
Guidelines for safe use:
- Keep all materials away from the flame.
- Keep in a cool dry place.
- Keep matches away from children at all times.
- Extinguish flame before wood has been completely burned.
- Dispose of the used match safely after being confirmed to be extinguished.
- Do not reuse a match that has been struck or burnt.
- Users are responsible for the safe use of the product.
- Never leave the flame unattended.
We urge you to be very careful when burning candles and recommend the following guidelines below for burning safely. If you forget, we’ve included burning and care instructions on the bottom label of each candle!
- Trim candlewicks to 1/8 inch each time before burning.
- This is essential for a safe burn and long burn.
- For the initial candle lighting it is recommended to keep the candle lit for 2 hours to allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle.
- Burning our candles for a minimum of 2 hours at a time will ensure that the melted wax pool has reached the sides of the tin or jar which optimizes your overall burn time
- NEVER leave your candle unattended. With wood wicks, the flame will grow over time.
- As your candle burns down the tin, please ENSURE you are ALWAYS aware of flame and wax level.
- DO NOT BURN A CANDLE WITH LESS THAN 1/2″ wax in the container.
- Always burn candles on a HEAT-PROOF surface, and NEVER NEAR ANYTHING THAT COULD CATCH FIRE.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets. No singed tails please!
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to minimize smoking or a wick blowing out causing the candle to burn unevenly.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.